The Boys and Girls Club of Camarillo has a continuing need for volunteers throughout the year.
Career Mentoring: Be a guest speaker before a group of teens or children.
- Arts & Crafts: Share your talent with a group of younger kids. Photography, ceramics, lapidary, movie making.
- Teen Drama: Directing, music, dancing, costumes, props, lights, and sound (two age groups: 6-12 or 13-18). Afternoons and evenings.
- Gamesroom: Pool, foosball, ping pong, air hockey, bumper pool, and 100 board games from Monopoly to Checkers.
- Technology Center: Share your computer skills with kids in our computer labs.
- Tutors: We are constantly seeking volunteers from the community to come and donate their time to tutor youth that need assistance in particular academic areas. Please contact Director of Programs at 805-482-8113 Press 2.
- Sports: Volunteer as a coach or referee for basketball, soccer, football, or hockey. Gym activities, times to be arranged.
- Creative writing: Assist club members with writing a newspaper.
- Friday Night Stomp: Help supervise and monitor indoor and outdoor games for 6th-7th-8th graders. Volunteers for this event must be 18 years or older. This event is held monthly from 6:45 PM-9:45 PM.
- Tutors and Homework Helpers: Assist students with the completion of their schoolwork and or improve their skills on a particular subject. We have flash cards, worksheets, and resource materials covering a wide variety of subjects.
- Facilities: We have a 31,000 square foot facility that has over 400 kids a day playing in it so you can imagine the wear and tear. We need volunteers to help with basic repairs and maintenance. If you have skills or desire to help with the upkeep contact Julie at 482-8113 ext. 300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Be interviewed, and given an orientation.
- References will be checked and a thorough background investigation will be done, including fingerprinting.
For additional information or to receive an application call or e-mail:
VP Programs Development
(805) 482-8113 ext. 309