CLUB EXPANSION 2019—GROWING FOR KIDS
Every day, the Boys & Girls Club of Camarillo is the answer for hundreds of working parents—that's why our membership has grown 236% in just 7 years. That growth is putting a strain on our staff, our facilities and our programs. We don't want to consider waiting lists for membership, and we won't have to if you can help us grow and serve more youth, especially those that need us most.
MAKING IT POSSIBLE FOR KIDS
A recent study* found that participating at the Boys & Girls Club for just 52 days a year can lead to:
• Increased levels of academic confidence and effort
• Decreased likelihood of experimenting with alcohol and tobacco
• Increased levels of goal setting and future connectedness
And the study shows that positive outcomes continue
to increase with increased attendance!
MAKING IT POSSIBLE FOR PARENTS
Since joining the Club*:
• 89% of parents feel their children have increased confidence.
• 88% of parents report their children have an easier time making friends.
• 78% of parents report improved relationships at home.
• 97% of parents feel their child is in a safe environment.
• 93% of parents feel the club enables them to keep their jobs.
MAKING IT POSSIBLE FOR OUR COMMUNITY
The greatest proportion of juvenile crime occurs during the hours of Boys & Girls Club operation*. Every juvenile arrest costs the State of California $81,000. In Ventura County, Boys & Girls Clubs prevent an estimated 264 juveniles a year from being arrested, saving $21,384,000.
EXPANDING POSSIBILITIES—GROWING THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
Our planned 6,500-square-foot addition will give us desperately needed space and allow us to:
• Provide more teen and middle school youth programming
• Increase our specialized education opportunities
• Collaborate with more community partners
• Better serve our youth with special needs
In addition, we will be able to make significant improvements to our current facility to improve flow and provide a better experience for all of our members.
YOU MAKE IT POSSIBLE
Our planned expansion is the most important project for the Club in the past 20 years.
Please help us reach our goal of $3 million. Your generosity will impact thousands of local lives for years to come!
* Source: Damooei Global Research Study, The Boys & Girls Clubs in Ventura County: Serving the Economic Interests of the Region while Providing a Positive Place for Kids, April 2014.
“I like going to a place where I feel safe and where I feel like I belong. I think I perform better in school because of the Club.” —A Club member
“You make it possible for me to have peace of mind while I’m at work. I know my children have a safe place to go that nurtures the educational, social and developmental skills they will need for a bright future.” —A Club parent
“You make it possible for our entire community to benefit by providing a fun, safe and organized place for our kids. It's a fact — Boys & Girls Club members are far less likely to be involved in risky behavior or to become victims of crime. —Cmdr. Dave Murray, Camarillo Police Chief
For every $1.00 invested in the
Boys & Girls Club, $15.44 in benefits
is returned to the community!*